Treatment of osteoporosis by eating. We must warn of the danger of osteoporosis, as it is a silent disease, and it is one of the most common diseases in women. As 80% of people infected with this disease are women. Therefore, during this report, we will learn about the treatment of osteoporosis by eating.
Treating osteoporosis with food
Regarding the treatment of osteoporosis by eating, Dr. Khaled Youssef, a dietitian, and clinical nutrition consultant explain that osteoporosis can be avoided and treated by eating by following a number of instructions and advice, such as:
- Increasing the percentage of calcium in the foods that the patient eats, by consuming a glass of milk daily, in addition to eating all its derivatives.
- With a commitment to exercise, especially walking, sports activities support and increase bone density.
- In addition to taking some nutritional supplements that increase bone density, some of which contribute to reducing the rate of bone loss.
- In addition to eating green leafy vegetables rich in calcium, such as spinach, lettuce, cabbage, broccoli or cauliflower, and more.
- It should also stay away from eating foods rich in phosphorus; As it pulls calcium from the bones, such as red meat and also soft drinks containing phosphorous.
- Finally, exposure to beneficial sunlight is recommended for the treatment and prevention of osteoporosis, especially during the early morning and before sunset.
Symptoms of osteoporosis
And about the symptoms of osteoporosis, the dietitian and therapeutic nutrition consultant confirm that osteoporosis is one of the silent diseases that remain latent in the body without warning of its existence,
so the person does not realize that he has a decrease in bone density except when symptoms and signs appear, which are usually represented in the following:
- Exposure to frequent fractures.
- With lower back pain.
- Also exposure to back bending.
- As well as short stature in the elderly.
How do I get rid of osteoporosis permanently?
And about how do I get rid of osteoporosis permanently? He indicates that it is not possible to get rid of osteoporosis through therapeutic medications only, but there are some instructions that must be followed, most notably:
- Regular exercise Weight-bearing physical activities and exercises that improve balance and body position help strengthen bones and reduce their chances of fracture.
- With an interest in eating healthy, balanced food rich in calcium.
- You should also stay away from the bad habit of smoking once and for all.
- In addition to the need to reduce alcohol intake.